As a Building Information Modeling (BIM) software Revit gives architects the ability to design using construction elements and generate live drawings based off a building model. This creates an efficient workflow from concept to documentation and creates a flexible process for responding to design changes.
This 2-day workshop will focus on designing using Revit’s building components that reflect construction methods. Attendees will learn the workflow for generating drawings that update in real-time while creating a complete documentation set. A residential scale building will be modeled utilizing custom built families.
- What is Revit and why is it useful?
- How to design with building components in Revit.
- Working with parametric objects and creating custom building components
- Using Phasing in Revit.
- Documentation, including annotations, schedules, and sheet sets.
- Troubleshooting problems in Revit.
- Basic Family editing.
- Overview of Worksharing.