As part of their recent Blindspot Initiative Group Exhibition, Somewhere Something hosts "Armed Forces," a two day workshop.
Details: Taught by Jason King and Biayna Bogosian, this workshop will develop the workflow of motion tracking to machine actuation. Each participant will fabricate and assemble a small prototype of a 6-axis arm, controlled with a variety of sensory inputs. The project will be developed in Arduino. No previous experience is required.
Outline of course:
1 - Sensing and Actuating
- Brief Introduction to Grasshopper
- Brief Introduction to Arduino
- Introduction to Firefly
2 - Arm simulation
- Introduction to Vector Math in Grasshopper
- Simulation of the 6Axis Arm
3 - Fabrication
- Brief introduction to 3D Printing
- 3D Printing the arm geometry
4 - Motion Tracking to Actuation
- Introduction to Motion tracking (Kinect, Leap Motion, iPhone)
- Controlling the 6Axis arm with various motion inputs
For tickets, visit the Eventbrite page.